Saturday, July 24, 2010

food, friends and work

Yesterday I spent a couple hours cutting out a million little felt pieces and putting together "kits" so that I could take all of my sewing on the road with me. I packed it all up and headed over to a friend's house for dinner, a movie and lots of laughs. I haven't been out of the house much at all since I started my shop on Etsy, things just took off and I've been so swamped I'm spending every waking minute of every day working on orders. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled with the popularity of my Lens Pets™. And frankly, I'm a bit of a hermit anyways. ;) But it was very nice to get out of the house. Dinner was YUMMY (veggie burgers on the MOST delicious buns I have EVER eaten, with grilled mushrooms and zucchini), the movie was cute (500 Days of Summer) and the company was great. BONUS: I got lots of sewing done while I visited. Including a couple new Halloween Lens Pets™ to add to my Holiday Collection...

of course there had to be a jack-o-lantern!! I love his little buck teeth on the bottom. ;)

and a black cat! I wasn't sure if I would add a black cat to the collection because the whole point of Lens Pets™ is that they're bright and eye catching... but I think the addition of the bright orange accents is just the right touch

the spider isn't new but this color combo is. so far I've done purple, green and orange. I can't decide which I like best.

 Halloween is by far my favorite holiday... but Christmas Lens Pets™ are right around the corner! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute as always (tho my fav is still the mummy LOL) and I totally agree with Halloween being the best holiday ever! I'm so glad you got out of the house a little! After having done the Mombi dress I totally understand what you mean by 'swamped by swing' even though mine was only for me. Deadlines deadlines... Love the new Blog header btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thanks for your comments. they always make me smile. I'm especially excited that someone noticed my new header. ;)

    ReplyDelete