Monday, February 28, 2011

Monster Monday

I'm super excited to share this week's featured monster maker. Mini, micro and macro creatures, sea suckers and oddvarks (<<< best name EVER)!  All of those must mean that today we're getting to know the talented owner and operator of Mr. Sogs Creatures! I've had plenty of Mr. Sogs creations in my favorites for a long time, but only recently scored my very own mini creature in CUSTOM COLORS! I wasn't sure they'd be up for doing this but thought it couldn't hurt to ask, and they were so kind and made the perfect little mini creature for me!! I love her!

With a little help from my oldest son she got a new name and now she sits on top of my sewing machine with a couple of her new friends. :) Meet... SKITTLES!

*are you seeing a colorful theme here?! I like 'em bright! ;)


Here are a few of my other favorites from the shop...


 Zeno (above) and Effel (below) are both mini creatures. As you can see they don't look very much alike, but they are similar in size and of course they're both ADORABLE! ;)



 this is an Oddvark, his name is Hercules and I am in love!

and of course we can't forget the sea suckers! This is Clara. I don't think I'd like to meet her in a dark cove underwater... those fangs look dangerous!!


The brilliant plush maker behind Mr. Sogs was kind enough to answer a few questions for us, so read on for the inside scoop!


-What is your shop name and is there a story behind it?
My shop name is Mr. Sogs Creatures. Mr. Sogs is also the name of my really fat cat that loves to steal the creatures and have a nap on them. He is not allowed in the studio but tries to sneak in when he can.

-How did you get started making monsters?
I started making creatures as gifts for my nieces and nephew. Soon the adults began wanting them for their own birthdays as well, so I thought why not make them for everyone and it just grew from there.

-What inspires and motivates you to create?

My best motivation is requests from friends. I never would have thought to make a giant evil penguin until a friend of mine mentioned that they wanted one and could not find it anywhere. Moments like that make for the best creatures because I definitely get inspired to make something completely unique.

-If you could have one super power, what would it be and why?
I would choose to never need to sleep. Oh the things I could get accomplished!

-Top 5 favorite foods?

spicy salsa, goat cheese, broccoli, mac & cheese, brownies

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

Needle Noodles - www.etsy.com/shop/NeedleNoodles
Kitty Baby Love - www.etsy.com/shop/kittybblove
Poor Dog Farm - www.etsy.com/shop/poordogfarm

-One year from now, I hope...

I hope that Mr. Sogs will be my only job.

-Where can we find you on the internet?

www.facebook.com/MrSogs


If you ever wondered what it might look like inside a monster makers lair, wonder no more! Check out this giant pile of monster skins!! All prepped and ready to be stuffed with monster guts and love! ;)


Don't forget to check back next week when we'll be meeting another talented Etsy genius!!

No comments:

Post a Comment